Linda H. Havel
Linda has 19 years of experience in civil litigation and trial work. Her experience includes representing individuals who have suffered serious injuries caused by automobile and motorcycle collisions as well as fires and explosions. She has represented adults and children suffering from serious brain injuries, neck and spinal injuries, burn injuries, and shoulder, wrist and leg injuries. Linda also practices complex commercial litigation as well as general business law and has succeeded in defending businesses in breach of contract actions and discrimination allegations.
Ms. Havel was also recently certified as a civil mediator and offers services in the area of alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
In her free time, Linda is an avid long distance runner, cyclist and golfer. She enjoys spending time with her husband Russ, son Louis, and two dogs, Earl and Copper.
Educational and Professional Credentials:
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1988
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, J.D., 1994
- Admitted: Kentucky State Bar, 1994; Indiana State Bar, 1999;
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky;
U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana;
U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii, Oahu, HI
- Adjunct Faculty Positions: Adjunct Instructor, Business Law, The University of Kentucky at JCC, Louisville, KY; Adjunct Instructor, Business Law, Hawaii Pacific University, Oahu, HI
- Member: Kentucky Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association
- Registered Civil Mediator, 2012
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (Sustaining Member)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2008 - 2012
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar and Million Dollar Advocates Forum