Linda H. Havel
Linda has 20 years of experience in civil litigation and trial work. Her experience includes representing individuals who have suffered serious injuries caused by car, truck, motorcycle, and bicycle collisions, gas and fire explosions, and many other dangerous conditions caused by the negligence of others. She has represented adults and children suffering from serious brain injuries, neck and spinal injuries, burn injuries, and shoulder, wrist and leg injuries. Linda also practices complex commercial litigation as well as general business law and has succeeded in defending businesses in breach of contract actions and discrimination allegations.
Linda fights to obtain damages for clients including repayment of past and future medical bills, past lost wages, future vocational loss caused by a diminished capacity to earn, pain and suffering, permanent impairment, permanent disfigurement, scarring, cognitive impairment, emotional distress, and the overall loss of a quality in a person’s life. Linda has also represented Estates and beneficiaries of individuals who have been wrongfully killed as a result of the negligence of someone else recovering compensation for the loss of love and companionship as well as past medical expenses, costs of administration, and loss of services and pecuniary losses sustained when dependents have survived.
Linda has received certified training in mediation services and offers services in the area of alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
In her free time, Linda is an avid long distance runner, cyclist and golfer. She enjoys spending time with her husband, son, and two dogs, Earl and Copper.
Educational and Professional Credentials:
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1988
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, J.D., 1994
- Admitted: Kentucky State Bar, 1994; Indiana State Bar, 1999;
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky;
U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana;
U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii, Oahu, HI
- Adjunct Faculty Positions: Adjunct Instructor, Business Law, The University of Kentucky at JCC, Louisville, KY; Adjunct Instructor, Business Law, Hawaii Pacific University, Oahu, HI
- Member: Kentucky Bar Association, Indiana State Bar Association
- Registered Civil Mediator, 2012
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification: Construction Industry Safety Training Class (February 2014)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (Sustaining Member)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2008 - 2012
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar and Million Dollar Advocates Forum